Eligible Subject: "Advanced Gross Anatomy Dissection Skills"
This is a skill training course intended to train students in small teams in the dissection hall on how to prepare detailed anatomical specimens.
Enrollment ONLY by pre-arrangement with the subject guarantee.
Candidates will be selected based on the following selection factors:
- Availability of cadavers.
- Had passed anatomy.
- Recommendation from the previous anatomy practical group leader.
- Priority to whom had extracurricular activity in anatomy such as demonstrating.
- Willing to dedicate time and work with precision.
Enrolled students are expected to be willing to spend one week of daily work bounded to finalize at least one specimen.
Aim of the course
The aim of this subject is to provide opportunity for students to enhance their knowledge outside the scope of the traditional in-class learning by gaining practical skills.
Credits requirements: (2 semester course - 3 credits)
- Gained dissection skills evaluated as sufficient by the trainee.
- Assisted or observed at least one specimen preparation during first semester.
- Performed semi-independently one quality specimen dissection.
The organization of the course is as following.
- Candidates need to first apply by contacting the subject guarantee.
- Upon selection and approval, students will be assigned specific dissection task of an organ or anatomical region.
- Students will learn the necessary dissection skills.
- Two consecutive cycle:
First, students will observe and assist in specimens preparation.
Second, students will under supervision prepare at least a one specimen each.
5. Two semesters course of which one week per semester.
6. The final specimens are intended to be saved in jars for collection display and educational purposes. The contributor student gets to have his/her name printed on the label as an acknowledgment.