CESKA (Centre for Endoscopic, Surgical and Clinical Anatomy) is a thought platform representing a multicentric concept, the goal of which is the unification of experts from various medical clinical branches. The aim of this platform is the organization of courses and workshops for interested professionals like medics, doctors and other healthcare workers.
The Department of Anatomy of the Second Faculty of Medicine represents the main physical base of this project, i.e. a teaching and research center, but its abstract concept offers the possibility of broad cooperation with many experts, clinics and institutions, both Czech and foreign. On a specific level, CESKA is about deepening manual skills and experience of experts in individual fields through training in endoscopic operations, surgical and orthopedic approaches, ultrasonographic examinations or regional anesthesia, as the center has got equipment (endoscopy tower, C-arm, movable and portable ultrasound), teaching spaces and a sufficient number of cadavers for these activities.
Main areas of interest:
• Postgraduate teaching of young doctors in pre-certification preparation in the form of theoretical seminars and practical courses on cadavers fixed by various techniques.
• Advanced postgraduate teaching of experienced doctors in their further field of specialization.
• Research projects in the field of applied anatomy, i.e. for the purposes of surgical disciplines and imaging techniques.
• Research projects in the field of biomechanics and material possibilities of foreign bodies used in treatment and prosthetics.
• Advanced undergraduate teaching of medical students in the form of theoretical seminars and practical courses on cadavers, including online transmissions to the world.
• Cooperation with professional companies to deepen the manual skills and experience of experts in individual fields: mini-invasive approaches, endoscopic operations, orthopedic operations, ultrasonographic examinations, regional anesthesia.